Every good crochet, knitting, weaving, and tapestry project begins with yarn. It is easily one of the best companions for a crafting hobbyist! Create a design inspired by almighty yarn and things made from yarn for this week's challenge. Entries will be previewed at the fat quarter size: 21″ x 18.”
Did you know that January is National Hobby Month? As the new year begins, we all set new goals and refocus on learning new things, improving, and challenging ourselves with hobbies. Here at Spoonflower we are proud to enable your hobbies whether that's design, sewing, or both! To celebrate this month, we're launching a design challenge each week that's inspired by a creative hobby (with a twist, of course). Are you up to the challenge?
One popularly voted grand-prize winner will receive $200 in Spoonflower credit. The 2nd place winner will receive $100 in Spoondollars. The 3rd place winner will receive $50 in Spoondollars. The rest of the top 10 winners will receive $20 in Spoonflower credit. The top 25 popularly voted designs (provided the designers are already verified sellers) will be automatically made available for sale in the Marketplace where they will receive 10% commission on every sale — no $5.00 swatch required! In addition to cash prizes, the top 10 will receive additional exposure in our email newsletters, professional photography of their printed designs, and social media mentions.
The rest of the Top 10
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 25 winning designs. The grand-prize winner will be the fabric design with the most votes.
- Designs previously published on the Internet are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 12/16/2016: Submissions open
- 01/03/2017: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 01/05/2017: Public voting opens
- 01/11/2017: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 01/12/2017: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Home on the RangeVote Now
Winners to be announced April 29
SeashellsSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 27 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 29
Embroidery TemplateSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 4 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 6
Moody Tropical Flora WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 11 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 13
Charcuterie BoardsSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 18 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 20