We’re celebrating World Ocean Day with our friends at Red Paddle Co, the world’s leading inflatable stand-up paddle board brand. This week, we’re challenging you to create a design celebrating the variety of waterways passionate paddle boarders from all over the world have grown to love.
Find your inspiration for your repeating pattern from beautiful bodies of water like Lake Wanaka in New Zealand, Mexico’s Banderas Bay, or your favorite river in your neck of the woods. Their beauty captured in your creative designs will highlight the importance of preserving the oceans, coastlines, rivers, lakes, marine life and ecosystems so that future generations can enjoy and treasure our one blue planet.
The winning design, handpicked by Red Paddle Co, will receive a $500 cash prize and be featured on a Limited Edition Stand Up Paddleboard ($1,299 value) coming next year! Before you dip your toes into these design challenge waters, be sure to learn more about Red Paddle Co and download mockups to see your design on the paddleboard on our blog.
Important notes about your World’s Waterways Design Challenge Entry:
The winning design will be limited to no more than four colors during Red production so please limit your entry to no more than four colors. Due to the nature of Red manufacturing, your design challenge entry should also be non-directional.
The Red Paddle Co team will work directly with the winning designer to get their repeating design ready for Red’s manufacturing process.
- The Grand Prize winner will receive a $500 cash prize which will serve as licensing fee to be featured on a Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) available in March 2022. Winner will also receive a Limited Edition 10'6" Ride SUP from Red Paddle Co featuring their winning design ($1,299 value), a $500 in Spoonflower credit, along with additional exposure in Spoonflower and Red email newsletters, professional photography of products featuring their design, and social media mentions, the extent of which shall be in the Sponsors’ discretion.
- The 2nd place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit and $250 Red Original credit. Red Original is Red Paddle Co’s premium lifestyle accessories brand.
- The 3rd place winner will receive $200 in Spoonflower credit and $200 Red Original credit
- The 4th through 10th place winners will receive $50 in Spoonflower credit and $50 Red Original credit
- Each of the top 50 entries, determined as set forth above, not receiving one of the foregoing prizes will be automatically proofed and made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (approximately a $5 value) (the “Runner Up Prize”) if Winners are verified sellers.
The rest of the Top 71
Red Paddle Co
We’ve been finding new ways to make paddle boarding easier and more enjoyable for more than a decade. Our award-winning inflatable paddle boards are designed to perform for everybody, regardless of age or ability. Our innovative, super-stylish boards are packed with leading technology that is subjected to extreme testing to prove their reliability and rock-hard rigidity – nothing else on the market comes close in terms of design and manufacturing quality. There’s literally nothing quite like a Red Paddle Co board.Red Paddle Co
World Waterways Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 3 PM ET.
- Designs will be previewed in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs. The winning design will be selected by Red Paddle Co to be featured on a Limited Edition Stand Up Paddleboard coming next year.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Please note that voting for this contest will be over a two week period.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 05/07/2021: Submissions open
- 06/01/2021: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 06/03/2021: Public voting opens
- 06/15/2021: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT
- 06/17/2021: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Vegetable & Herb GardensVote Now
Winners to be announced June 24
Take a HikeSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 22 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 24
GnomesSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 29 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins July 1
Stone FruitSee the Challenge
Submissions close July 6 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins July 8
Seek and Find PlaymatsSee the Challenge
Submissions close July 13 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins July 15
Retro BugsSee the Challenge
Submissions close July 20 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins July 22