Using at least three colors from the palette provided, choose a theme that captures your current design style, go-to technique or try your hand at a new trend that’s caught your eye. Limited Color Palette: Lagoon #005e70, Saffron #f3a33b, Terracotta #b84b03, Blush #dca6a9 and Ocean #3a6b64.
While your color palette may be limited this week, the design inspiration for your entry is endless! Using at least three colors from the palette provided, choose a theme that captures your current design style, go-to technique or try your hand at a new trend that’s caught your eye. Subtle accents of black/white are optional. Color variations and colors outside of this palette will not be accepted.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
Limited Color Palette Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 09/07/2018: Submissions open
- 10/09/2018: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 10/11/2018: Public voting opens
- 10/16/2018: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 10/18/2018: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Limited Color PaletteSee the Challenge
Winners to be announced October 18
Cut & Sew Fat Quarter ProjectSee the Challenge
Voting begins October 18
Gender Neutral Nursery WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 23 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 25
ChinoiserieSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 30 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins November 1
Fair IsleSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 6 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins November 8
Holidays Around the WorldSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 13 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins November 15