We’ve updated the Design Challenges experience! See what’s new
Spoonflower + Headbands of Hope presentHeadbands of Hope Dreamers - Finals Round Design ChallengeShop designs
About this design:
Shop More Designs
Headbands of Hope are given to children with cancer in hospitals across the US because, as Jess Ekstrom, founder of Headbands of Hope believes, fashion can be a great vehicle for positive self-identity. In honor of Childhood Cancer Awareness month, we hope this month’s theme, “dreamers,” will inspire designs of celestial and sky imagery and/or future aspirations.
Give a big round of applause for our winning dreamers! All top 5 popularly-voted designs will be licensed for an exclusive collection of headbands. Winners will receive 10% commission for each yard of fabric purchased to manufacture these headbands, along with a $50 Headbands of Hope credit + $50 Spoonflower credit. The grand-prize winner, lilyandlouie, (hand picked by Headbands of Hope) will have 50 headbands produced with her design and donated to the children’s hospital of her choice. Winners will also be featured in an exclusive press release written by Spoonflower, recognition in Sponsors’ emails, blogs and on social media channels.
- Entries close . View the full timeline below.
- Designs will be viewed as a Swatch of Fabric on the voting ballot. Acceptable repeat options for this challenge are Basic, Half-Drop, Half-Brick, Mirror, Center.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- The popular vote determines the top 5 winning designs. Voters include Spoonflower artists and customers as well as the public.
- The top 5 designs receive prizes or benefits. View the full prize list below.
- View the full Terms & Conditions for this challenge.
Our partner: Headbands of Hope
Jess Ekstrom was moved to create Headbands of Hope in 2012 after a life changing internship with a children’s wish granting organization, where she noticed the effect chemotherapy had on a young girl’s self-confidence. The brand believes that a simple accessory can improve a child’s outlook on both inner and outer beauty, uplifting them with just a small gesture. For every headband sold, a headband is donated to a child battling cancer. For more information, please visit www.headbandsofhope.com.Headbands of Hope