Once a year the color experts at Pantone proclaim a color of the year and it’s safe to say we’re smitten with their 2019 pick: Living Coral. The vibrant yet mellow shade of coral brings a renewed sense of energy and warmth to all that it touches. When creating your design, think about the ways the Spoonflower maker community might be incorporating the color of the year into their space.
Limited Color Palette:
Goldenrod (#E0B138), Midnight Blue (#002E54), Coral (#FA7268 - ASE Color of the Year hex code), Gray (#D9D9D6).
All four colors in the palette above need to be included in your design. Color variations and colors outside of this palette will not be accepted. Unlike past limited color palette challenges, black and white may not be used. To prevent colors from shifting when uploading to Spoonflower, designs must be in the sRGB color space. Please do not create your design in CMYK.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 58
Coral Limited Color Palette Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, January 29, 2019 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 01/04/2019: Submissions open
- 01/29/2019: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 01/31/2019: Public voting opens
- 02/05/2019: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 02/07/2019: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Embroidery TemplateSee the Challenge
Winners to be announced May 13
Moody Tropical Flora WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 11 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 13
Charcuterie BoardsSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 18 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 20
Weather PatternsSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 25 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 27
World WaterwaysSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 1 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 3
Vegetable & Herb GardensSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 15 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 17