Family traditions are especially present during the holidays as everyone gathers in merriment and celebration around the dinner table. For this week’s challenge, share a family recipe that makes an appearance every year. Whether it’s Grandma’s famous casserole or the J-ELLO salad that mysteriously makes an appearance, we want to see what recipe completes your holiday traditions!
We’re getting a jump-start on the holidays with a month of design challenges highlighting your go-to gift of the season, tea towels! Whether you’re doing the hemming yourself or leaving it to the experts over at Roostery, the season wouldn’t be complete without a few new tea towels added to your kitchen collection. Like last year’s challenge, all designs made available for sale in the four tea towel challenges will also automatically be previewed on Roostery’s Special Edition Spoonflower Tea Towel.
- 1 first place winner each week will receive a $200 Roostery credit, a $200 Spoonflower credit and one custom Linen Cotton Canvas Spoonflower Edition tea towel in their own winning design from Roostery ($17 value).
- The 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit and one custom Linen Cotton Canvas Spoonflower Edition tea towel in their own winning design from Roostery ($17 value).
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit and one custom Linen Cotton Canvas Spoonflower Edition tea towel in their own winning design from Roostery ($17 value).
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit and one custom Linen Cotton Canvas Spoonflower Edition tea towel in their own winning design from Roostery ($17 value).
- The top 25 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 10
Family Recipes Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, October 3, 2017 at 3 PM EDT.
- Entries will be submitted at the Linen Cotton Canvas fat quarter size (27″ x 18”) but previewed during voting as a Spoonflower Special Edition Tea Towel (16" x 24").
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 25 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 09/05/2017: Submissions open
- 10/03/2017: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 10/05/2017: Public voting opens
- 10/10/2017: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 10/11/2017: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Limited Color PaletteSee the Challenge
Winners to be announced October 18
Cut & Sew Fat Quarter ProjectSee the Challenge
Voting begins October 18
Gender Neutral Nursery WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 23 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 25
ChinoiserieSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 30 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins November 1
Fair IsleSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 6 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins November 8
Holidays Around the WorldSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 13 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins November 15