Have you heard the news? Pantone’s 2021 color of the year is a gray and yellow color combo that together symbolizes strength and positivity. Although specific shades of both colors were announced (Ultimate Gray and Illuminating), we’d like to see what particular shades of yellow and gray most resonate with the Spoonflower community.
Experiment to find just the right yellow to support and complement your shade of gray and utilize black and/or white as you see fit to make the perfect pattern to create uplifting updates for the home, wardrobe and more this year!
An Important Note About Your Design Challenge Entry
Please only use shades of yellow and gray with the optional use of Black (#000000) and White (#ffffff). How many shades of yellow and gray are up to you. We are looking for designs that celebrate Pantone’s Colors of the Year through the use of gray and yellow as the dominant colors. Unlike previous Pantone Color of the Year palette challenges, you do not have to use the exact color of the year hex codes.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 70
Yellow and Gray Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 01/08/2021: Submissions open
- 01/26/2021: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 01/28/2021: Public voting opens
- 02/02/2021: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 02/04/2021: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Hand-Drawn FloralsVote Now
Winners to be announced March 4
RococoSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 2 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins March 4
BoardsportsSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 9 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins March 11
CryptozoologySee the Challenge
Submissions close March 16 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins March 18