With a balance of orderliness and ornamentation, homes during the Victorian Era reflected a prim and proper lifestyle while also celebrating excess. The rise of wallpaper, including elaborate patterns paired with bold prints throughout an entire room, proved that “less is more” was not the motto during this period of time. Note: The use of public domain designs will not be accepted.
This August we’re stepping back in time for our weekly design challenges. We knew you might get hungry along the way so we’re starting with a tasty treat before your adventure takes off. To sweeten the deal, August will be the first month the entire top 50, previously top 25, will be made available for sale in the Marketplace. Don’t forget to verify your Spoonflower account so your designs are ready to go if you find yourself in the winner’s circle.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 10
Victorian Era Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, August 28, 2018 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 07/06/2018: Submissions open
- 08/28/2018: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 08/30/2018: Public voting opens
- 09/04/2018: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 09/06/2018: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Retro Bar Cart Tea TowelVote Now
Winners to be announced September 20
It's a Punderful Life Tea TowelSee the Challenge
Submissions close September 18 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins September 20
Illustrated Animals Tea TowelSee the Challenge
Submissions close September 25 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins September 27
Recipe Tea TowelSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 2 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 4
Limited Color PaletteSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 9 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 11
Cut & Sew Fat Quarter ProjectSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 16 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 18