Take your artwork from dyed to digital, or consider using tie-dye inspired digital brushes to elevate your tie-dye aesthetic, bringing it into 2020 with today’s modern shopper in mind.
While resist-dyeing techniques have been around for centuries, the modern phrase “tie-dye” was invented in the 1960s and had its last heyday in the ‘90s. And in case you missed it, the ‘90s are officially back! With that comes a new wave of tie-dye love. Need some inspiration? Check out our round-up of tie-dyed designs and DIY projects we are loving right now.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 96
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 03/06/2020: Submissions open
- 03/24/2020: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 03/26/2020: Public voting opens
- 03/31/2020: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 04/02/2020: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Papercut NapkinsVote Now
Winners to be announced April 9
Noodle BowlSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 7 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 9
Line Art Safari WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 14 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 16
Pastel CaféSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 21 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 23
East ForkSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 28 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 30
Designs for GoodSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 5 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 7