Open-ended play is the name of the game with Seek and Find Playmats! This week, we’re looking for playmats that can provide family fun and empower imaginations as kids interact and look for specific objects in your work.
The possibilities are endless! Hide animals in the forest or different vehicles in a cityscape. Illustrate a wide variety of everyday objects to identify or provide a guessing game with items of different colors to encourage color recognition. Think of the games you made up as a kid and think about the age range you are designing for.
Identified as a trend in our Summer Trend Report, searches for playmats on Spoonflower are up +5021% over last year. These playful 1-yard designs can be made into a one-of-a-kind gift for a little one’s birthday or baby shower.
You can set your design as a center repeat for this challenge, just make sure your entry is set to one yard (42” x 36”) and fills the entire space.
Please visit the blog to learn more about Spoonflower’s Design Challenge rules and moderation process.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 60
Seek and Find Playmats Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 3 PM ET.
- Entries will be previewed on a yard (42” X 36”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 06/04/2021: Submissions open
- 07/13/2021: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 07/15/2021: Public voting opens
- 07/20/2021: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT
- 07/22/2021: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Pastel HalloweenSee the Challenge
Winners to be announced August 5
PhantasmagoriaSee the Challenge
Voting begins August 5
Nocturnal AnimalsSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 10 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 12
Neutral Geometric WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 17 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 19