Finding inspiration in the rich history of Scandinavian folk art, your entry in this challenge could include bright colors, geometric shapes, woodblock textures or a popular design element, birds.
Scandinavian interior design may call for crisp, clean lines and neutral colors but the style of art that we can’t get enough of is anything but toned down.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 10
Scandinavian Art Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at 3 PM EST.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 11/02/2018: Submissions open
- 12/11/2018: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 12/13/2018: Public voting opens
- 12/18/2018: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 12/20/2018: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Winners to be announced February 21
Bohemian ParadiseSee the Challenge
Submissions close February 19 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 21
Moody FloralsSee the Challenge
Submissions close February 26 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 28
AffirmationsSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 5 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins March 7
MaximalistSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 12 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins March 14
FeathersSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 19 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins March 21