Playmats are a great way to keep little ones entertained at home or on-the-go—just add toy cars, stuffed animals or play food! This is your chance to dream up a creative activity mat that will engage toddler or preschool children’s imaginations. You can set your design as a center repeat for this challenge, just make sure your entry is set to one yard (42” x 36”) and fills the entire space.
Entries will be previewed at the one yard size (42” x 36”) this week.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 78
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a one yard size (42” x 36”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 04/05/2019: Submissions open
- 04/23/2019: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 04/25/2019: Public voting opens
- 04/30/2019: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 05/02/2019: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Winners to be announced May 30
Paint By NumbersSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 28 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 30
Retro PostcardsSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 4 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 6
Animal Portrait Tea TowelsSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 11 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 13
Bird’s-Eye ViewSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 18 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 20