This month, two of our contests will ask artists to create a design that coordinates with a collection of three colors available soon as Petal Signature Cotton® Solids.
Coming in September, Petal Signature Cotton Solids are new 100% cotton solid dyed fabrics that make it easier than ever for makers to coordinate with their favorite Spoonflower designs.
Our Research & Development team worked hard to identify RGB hex codes that perfectly match our Petal Signature Cotton Solids. This week, create a design that utilizes the colors Lagoon (#2F909F), Mustard (#C3932B), and/or Cotton Candy (#F1D2D6) to use alongside the Petal Solids fabrics.
These fun, gender-neutral colors are sure to spark joy for whatever sewing or craft project they are used for! Imagine your design along these three colors used in projects like a quilt, for kids apparel or a color-blocked tote bag.
An Important Note About Your Design Challenge Entry
Artists must use 1, 2 or all 3 colors from the provided Petal Solids hex codes colors Lagoon (#2F909F), Mustard (#C3932B), Cotton Candy (#F1D2D6). Additional colors are ok to use, but we recommend keeping it simple with no more than 4 colors total (not including black and white) to ensure your design coordinates well with the colors Lagoon, Mustard and Cotton Candy.
Please visit the blog to learn more about Spoonflower’s Design Challenge rules and moderation process.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 72
Petal Solids Coordinates: Joy Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, September 7, 2021 at 3 PM ET.
- Designs will be previewed in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 08/06/2021: Submissions open
- 09/07/2021: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 09/09/2021: Public voting opens
- 09/14/2021: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT
- 09/16/2021: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Holiday Traditions ToileVote Now
Winners to be announced September 30
2022 Wall Hanging CalendarSee the Challenge
Submissions close September 28 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins September 30
Vintage Recipe Wall HangingsSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 5 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 7
Modern Motivational Posters Wall HangingsSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 12 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 14
Indoor Garden Wall HangingsSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 19 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 21