While your repeating design may take a bit longer to design than a traditional paint-by-numbers kit, it should capture the iconic styles found in the beginner-friendly technique: full opacity, crisp solid line work, clearly defined areas of color and a simplified take on your subject matter.
Are you ready for a blast from the past? First invented in 1950, paint-by-numbers kits took the arts-and-crafts industry by storm when they guaranteed a masterpiece even on your first attempt! Please remember to color your design in fully and leave the black and white only designs for our coloring book challenges!
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit.
- The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 65
Paint By Numbers Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 05/03/2019: Submissions open
- 05/28/2019: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 05/30/2019: Public voting opens
- 06/04/2019: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 06/06/2019: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Dog DaysSee the Challenge
Winners to be announced July 25
DinosaursSee the Challenge
Submissions close July 23 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins July 25
Feline FrenzySee the Challenge
Submissions close July 30 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 1
PiratesSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 6 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 8
Color-Blocking ShapesSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 13 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 15
MothsSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 20 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 22