Nugget is a modular, infinitely configurable play couch for little ones, and their team is looking for a repeating non-directional pattern featuring bright, color-blocked shapes to turn into a limited edition Spoonflower x Nugget couch. Just like the kiddos who create forts or reading nooks with their couch, your geometric design should fit nicely into multiple room styles.
What’s bright, bold and fun all over? A Nugget couch featuring the winning design in this week’s challenge, of course! Spoonflower is thrilled to partner with Nugget, a North Carolina-based furniture company during March for the Nugget Couch Design Challenge. For this special design challenge, the Nugget team is asking the talented Spoonflower designer community to join in their design planning of a special limited-edition patterned Nugget coming later this year.
The winning design, handpicked by Nugget from the popularly voted top 50, will receive a $500 cash prize and be featured on a Nugget Couch coming later this year!
Three important notes about your Nugget Design Challenge Entry:
The winning design will be limited to no more than eight colors during Nugget production so please limit your entry to no more than eight colors. Due to the cut-and-sew nature of Nugget manufacturing, your design challenge entry should be non-directional. *The Nugget team will work directly with the winning designer to get their design ready for Nugget’s printing process and to determine a licensing agreement. The winning design cannot be sold outside of Spoonflower, Roostery and Nugget.
- 1st place winner will receive a $500 cash prize from Nugget Comfort, which will also serve as the licensing fee to be featured on a Nugget Couch coming late 2020. Winner will also receive a Nugget couch featuring their winning design ($249 value), $200 in Spoonflower credit, along with additional exposure in Spoonflower and Nugget email newsletters, professional photography of products featuring their design, and social media mentions, the extent of which shall be in the Sponsors’ discretion.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit and $229 Nugget Gift Card.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit and $50 Nugget Gift Card.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
Furniture for growing imaginations.
Named one of CNBC "hottest toys for the holidays", the Nugget four-piece portable kids couch by Nugget is the toy-furniture hybrid that parents are calling the best kid item they have ever purchased for their kids. Made of open-cell foam (covered by a soft, washable microsuede fabric) and designed to withstand whatever kids can throw at it, the North Carolina-based company has won the hearts of kids and parents all over the country.Nugget
Nugget Couch Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 02/13/2020: Submissions open
- 03/17/2020: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 03/19/2020: Public voting opens
- 03/24/2020: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 03/26/2020: Spoonflower will announce the winner
How to Submit a Design
- Log in to Spoonflower. If you don't have an account, create one here.
- Once logged into your account, upload the design you wish to enter into the challenge.
- Select Nugget Couch from the Challenges Dropdown.
For complete instructions, see the Challenge Terms & Conditions.
How To Vote
Once voting is open for Nugget Couch, you will be able to follow the link below to vote for your favorite designs.
Frequently Asked QuestionsWho can enter?
This contest is open to ALL Spoonflower community members who are 18 years of age as of Tuesday, March 17, 2020. All submitted designs must be the original work of the entrant. Please do not use stock images or base your design on the work of another artist.
How many designs can I enter?
You can enter only ONE DESIGN in this contest. Designs entered in previous Spoonflower contests or public designs previously uploaded to Spoonflower are not eligible.
Can I share my entry on social media and make it available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace before voting opens?
The spirit of the Design Challenge is to give a creative prompt that inspires designers to create a new design that speaks specifically to the theme we have selected. Spoonflower is seeking an exclusive set of designs, so all designs should be new to Spoonflower. We absolutely encourage sharing your process and finished design on the web and you can make your challenge entry for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace, but to ensure that your work is eligible for the challenge, we ask that it is not an existing design from your public portfolio that has been previously uploaded to Spoonflower.
Who will judge the contest?
All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs. The first place winner will be the fabric design with the most votes.
Who can vote?
Anyone can vote (when voting opens on Thursday, March 19, 2020), but only one set of votes may be submitted per individual. Email addresses will be collected from voters. Duplicate votes are filtered using fraud detection software and not counted toward final totals. Designers will be disqualified for incentivizing or compensating votes.
What if I don't want my design to be purchased by other people?
By participating in this contest, you are granting permission to make your design available to the public for voting and you are granting permission for Spoonflower to make your design for sale only if your design finishes in the top 50. Setting your design back to private once you have entered it into the challenge will automatically remove your design from the challenge.
Am I giving up the copyright of my design by entering it?
You are not giving up ownership of your design, but by entering your design in the contest, you give us the non-exclusive right, should your design finish in the top 50, to make it available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace per the customary terms of the Spoonflower Marketplace. For any sales generated in the Marketplace, you will receive up to a 15% commission. You will always be credited for your design and you are free to continue to sell it on your own, now and in the future.
Winners to be announced February 20
Roller Rink NostalgiaSee the Challenge
Submissions close February 18 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 20
Micro Modern QuiltSee the Challenge
Submissions close February 25 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 27
Pine and Mint Throw PillowsSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 3 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins March 5
Faux-Textured WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 10 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins March 12
Nugget CouchSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 17 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins March 19