Greater than the sum of their parts, mosaics are proof that many tiny, seemingly unremarkable shapes can come together to create something beautiful and special. Show us your repeating designs inspired by mosaics! Entries will be previewed at the fat quarter size: 21″ x 18.” Submissions close February 21, 2017 at 3 p.m. EST.
Designers: you've tackled novelty animal prints, quirky winter themes, and gathered inspiration from creative hobbies and cocktails of the jazz era. Now it's time to switch gears and take a month to revisit everyone's favorite class from grade school: Geometry. Based on requests from our designer community, surface design trends and popular searches, we've carefully selected 5 geometric themes this month. Some are rooted in spiritual practice (mandalas) others we're used to seeing in nature (hexagons), and a few other super fun themes in between that we think you'll love.
One popularly voted grand-prize winner will receive $200 in Spoonflower credit. The 2nd place winner will receive $100 in Spoondollars. The 3rd place winner will receive $50 in Spoondollars. The rest of the top 10 winners will receive $20 in Spoonflower credit. The top 25 popularly voted designs (provided the designers are already verified sellers) will be automatically made available for sale in the Marketplace where they will receive 10% commission on every sale — no $5.00 swatch required! In addition to cash prizes, the top 10 will receive additional exposure in our email newsletters, professional photography of their printed designs, and social media mentions.
The rest of the Top 10
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 3 PM EST.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 25 winning designs. The grand-prize winner will be the fabric design with the most votes.
- Public or private designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 02/03/2017: Submissions open
- 02/21/2017: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 02/23/2017: Public voting opens
- 02/28/2017: Public voting ends at 3pm EST
- 03/02/2017: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Petal Solids Coordinates: JoySee the Challenge
Winners to be announced September 16
Petal Solids Coordinates: CalmSee the Challenge
Voting begins September 16
Holiday Traditions ToileSee the Challenge
Submissions close September 21 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins September 23
2022 Wall Hanging CalendarSee the Challenge
Submissions close September 28 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins September 30
Vintage Recipe Wall HangingsSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 5 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 7
Modern Motivational Posters Wall HangingsSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 12 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 14