On July 20, 1969, mission commander Neil Armstrong and pilot Buzz Aldrin were the first two people to land on the moon and to celebrate, Princess Awesome and Challenger Center are teaming up to create a dress commemorating the anniversary featuring this week’s winning design. While creating your moon-inspired pattern, be sure to focus on design elements that will inspire little girls everywhere.
We’re over the moon to announce that our friends from Princess Awesome are back! If you missed our first challenge with the children’s apparel company, catch up on all the details and see the winning design on one of their signature twirly dresses. This time around, Princess Awesome is bringing along Challenger Center to celebrate a momentous occasion: the 50th anniversary of the landing on the moon!
Please note: designs including the NASA logo will not be accepted.
- 1st place winner will receive $500 from Princess Awesome, which will also serve as a licensing fee to be featured on one Princess Awesome dress, along with a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $50 Princess Awesome store credit and $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Princess Awesome store credit and a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 62
Clothes That Rule. Like She Does.
Princess Awesome is a company founded by women - mothers - who want girls to be able to express themselves through their clothing. We are committed to making clothes that girls want to wear, and that parents want to see on their daughters. Our guiding principle is to listen to what girls like to wear, do, and play, and to make that available to them - so girls can wear all that they are.Princess Awesome
Moon Landing with Princess Awesome Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at 3 PM EST.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs. The 1st place winner will be chosen from the popularly-voted top 50 by Princess Awesome.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 12/07/2018: Submissions open
- 01/15/2019: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 01/17/2019: Public voting opens
- 01/22/2019: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 01/24/2019: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Moody Tropical Flora WallpaperVote Now
Winners to be announced May 20
Charcuterie BoardsSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 18 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 20
Weather PatternsSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 25 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 27
World WaterwaysSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 1 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 3
Vegetable & Herb GardensSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 15 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 17