We’re celebrating National Quilt Month with a design challenge that will inspire you to take vibrant geometrics and funky florals to a size perfect for featuring in quilted wall art and throws.
We know that large-scale designs work great for wallpaper and curtains, but what about for projects on a smaller scale? Imagine ditsy prints (small and non-directional) and whimsical, vintage-inspired elements in a scale perfect for piecing together into a quilt top. Be sure to shrink your big ideas into modern prints at a small-scale—designs will be previewing on an 8” swatch, the ideal size for using in a hand-stitched log cabin or flying geese quilt block.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 76
Micro Modern Quilt Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, February 25, 2020 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a swatch size (8" x 8”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 02/07/2020: Submissions open
- 02/25/2020: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 02/27/2020: Public voting opens
- 03/03/2020: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 03/05/2020: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Winners to be announced April 2
Papercut NapkinsSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 31 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 2
Noodle BowlSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 7 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 9
Line Art Safari WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 14 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 16
Pastel CaféSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 21 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 23