Have you been wanting to try out a new design technique, practice with playful patterns or finally give florals a try? In this week’s challenge, your palette may be limited but the theme is up to you!
Limited Color PaletteBronze (#a67242), Rosé (#ffc8b3), Forest (#1b463c), Spearmint (#75c2b0) Click here to see the color palette.
All four colors in the palette above must be used in your design. Black and white are optional. Color variations and colors outside of this palette plus black and white will not be accepted. To prevent colors from shifting when uploading to Spoonflower, designs must be in the sRGB color space. Please do not create your design in CMYK.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
Limited Color Palette Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 06/07/2019: Submissions open
- 07/09/2019: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 07/11/2019: Public voting opens
- 07/16/2019: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 07/18/2019: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Limited Color PaletteSee the Challenge
Winners to be announced July 18
Dog DaysSee the Challenge
Submissions close July 16 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins July 18
DinosaursSee the Challenge
Submissions close July 23 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins July 25
Feline FrenzySee the Challenge
Submissions close July 30 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 1
PiratesSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 6 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 8
Color-Blocking ShapesSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 13 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 15