Whether you’re inspired by geometric shapes, florals, retro art or your favorite trend, the key to this challenge is thinking BIG and using large design elements. Inspired by the growing trend in modern wallpaper and home décor, these large-scale designs pack a punch even though they use just two colors. Color variations and colors outside of black and white will not be accepted.
What’s black and white and bold all over? Your entry in the Large Scale Black and White Design Challenge! Spoonflower’s wallpaper has a set width of 24”, so the ideal size of your design elements should be a width that will evenly repeat over 24”. Larger design elements will repeat twice across your wallpaper when they’re 12” wide. Before you start your artwork, be sure to review our tips for designing large scale patterns here.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 10
Large Scale Black & White Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at 3 PM EST.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI as Roostery wallpaper on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 10/05/2018: Submissions open
- 11/27/2018: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 11/29/2018: Public voting opens
- 12/04/2018: Public voting ends at 3pm EST
- 12/06/2018: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Vegetable & Herb GardensVote Now
Winners to be announced June 24
Take a HikeSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 22 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 24
GnomesSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 29 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins July 1
Stone FruitSee the Challenge
Submissions close July 6 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins July 8
Seek and Find PlaymatsSee the Challenge
Submissions close July 13 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins July 15
Retro BugsSee the Challenge
Submissions close July 20 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins July 22