‘Tis the season for family traditions! The Spoonflower community is a melting pot of designers and makers from all walks of life and in this week’s challenge, we want to see how you celebrate the season in your corner of the world.
Whether it’s lighting luminaires every Christmas Eve, playing dreidel on the first night of Hanukkah or going for a polar bear swim on New Year’s Day, create a repeating design that gives us a glimpse into your holiday traditions.
In recognition of the Thanksgiving holiday, voting in the Holidays Around the World Design Challenge will be open for two weeks.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 10
Holidays Around the World Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, November 13, 2018 at 3 PM EST.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 10/05/2018: Submissions open
- 11/13/2018: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 11/15/2018: Public voting opens
- 11/27/2018: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 11/29/2018: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Winners to be announced August 20
Climbing Vines WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 18 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 20
Gothic HalloweenSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 25 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 27
Cut-and-Sew Fat Quarter GiftablesSee the Challenge
Submissions close September 1 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins September 3
Maximalist HolidaySee the Challenge
Submissions close September 8 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins September 10
Your Artistic Voice: 500th Design ChallengeSee the Challenge
Submissions close September 15 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins September 17