Aloha! Call your travel agent because it’s time to book a trip to Hawaii by way of your own imagination. For this community-requested challenge, we’re asking you to strum your ukulele and transport us to the luau of your dreams, but with a twist: hidden objects.
Is that a rocket ship hidden in the hibiscus? Do I spot the planet Saturn amongst the sea turtles? Or perhaps there are colorful parachutes hiding in the plumeria? Channel the unexpected and let your creativity soar in this tropical yet whimsical design challenge.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 60
Hidden Hawaiian Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 12/04/2020: Submissions open
- 01/12/2021: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 01/14/2021: Public voting opens
- 01/19/2021: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 01/21/2021: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Hand-Drawn FloralsSee the Challenge
Winners to be announced March 4
RococoSee the Challenge
Voting begins March 4
BoardsportsSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 9 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins March 11
CryptozoologySee the Challenge
Submissions close March 16 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins March 18