In this week’s challenge, break out your pens, markers and Procreate brushes to create a design inspired by the art of typography.
Tea towels are the perfect way to display everything from a motivational quote, punny punchline or even a fun fact. Whether you scan your handwritten lettering or work just in your go-to design program, the holidays are just the “write” time to gift a hand-lettered tea towel. If you’re new to this style of design, Skillshare’s hand-lettering classes will help get you started.
Like previous years, all tea towel entries will automatically be previewed on a Spoonflower Tea Towel during voting. Learn more about the ins and outs of formatting your entry to ensure a picture-perfect preview!
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit and one (1) Spoonflower tea towel in their own winning design ($17 value).
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit and one (1) Spoonflower tea towel in their own winning design ($17 value).
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit and one (1) Spoonflower tea towel in their own winning design ($17 value).
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit and one (1) Spoonflower tea towel in their own winning design ($17 value). The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 61
Hand-Lettered Tea Towel Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 3 PM EDT.
- Entries will be submitted at the Linen Cotton Canvas fat quarter size (27″ x 18”) and previewed as a Spoonflower Tea Towel on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 09/06/2019: Submissions open
- 10/01/2019: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 10/03/2019: Public voting opens
- 10/08/2019: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 10/10/2019: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Jewel-Tone '70sVote Now
Winners to be announced December 12
Pop Art CitrusSee the Challenge
Submissions close December 10 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins December 12
1-Yard Abstract Landscape Wall HangingSee the Challenge
Submissions close December 31 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 2
Black and White PainterlySee the Challenge
Submissions close January 7 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 9
Art Nouveau WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close January 14 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 16
Vintage KitschSee the Challenge
Submissions close January 21 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 23