Perhaps your dining room table has been seeing more family domino tournaments and puzzle construction than dinner parties lately. Maybe you’ve recently rediscovered the joys of a simple game of chess, backgammon or checkers. This week we challenge you to highlight elements from the classic tabletop games that bring folks together in the spirit of friendly competition.
Roll the dice, advance your pawn, and play your best hand for the Game Night Design Challenge!
Remember to focus on the unique shapes and colors of the pieces and keep it generic - avoid any imagery that is someone else's intellectual property like characters and objects from branded games such as the recognizable tokens from Monopoly. Entries with elements like these will be disqualified (do not pass go, do not collect $200).
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 57
Game Night Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, November 10, 2020 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 10/02/2020: Submissions open
- 11/10/2020: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 11/12/2020: Public voting opens
- 11/17/2020: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 11/19/2020: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Winners to be announced March 11
BoardsportsSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 9 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins March 11
CryptozoologySee the Challenge
Submissions close March 16 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins March 18
From My WindowSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 23 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins March 25
Spoonflower Break Room WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 30 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 1
Wild GrassesSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 6 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 8