About this design:
Shop More Designs
Our competition to create fabrics inspired by extinct animals ends with the triumphant return of Cean Irminger, one of our all-time champs who -- according to the contest archive -- has been absent from the winner's platform for over a year. Congratulations to Cean, whose pigeon design managed to defeat a flock (gaggle, covey, murder?) of lovely dodo fabrics to take the top spot. Read more about Passenger Pigeons Defeat Dodos.
Create a fabric design using one or more extinct animals as design motifs. Please use original artwork! Entries will be previewed at the scale of a fat quarter (21" x 18"). Deadline for entry is Tuesday, June 19th, 2012.
- Entries close . View the full timeline below.
- Designs will be viewed as a Fabric on the voting ballot. Acceptable repeat options for this challenge are Basic, Half-Drop, Half-Brick, Mirror, Center.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- The popular vote determines the top 10 winning designs. Voters include Spoonflower artists and customers as well as the public.
- The top 10 designs receive prizes or benefits. View the full prize list below.
- View the full Terms & Conditions for this challenge.