Trend report: chintz is back! Remember those large, English florals on lightly colored backgrounds that were everywhere in the ‘80s? We’re starting to see chintz pop up again in everything from home decor to pottery and we’re not hating it. We can’t wait to see your take on this iconic floral pattern!
Trend report: chintz is back! Remember those large, English florals on lightly colored backgrounds that were everywhere in the ‘80s? We’re starting to see chintz pop up again in everything from home decor to pottery and we’re not hating it. Chintz has quite the history, dating all the way back to 17th century India (the word is Hindi in origin). While chintz may recall memories of decadent ‘80s upholstery for some, these floral designs were originally inspired by patterns of Indian textiles and Mughal art. Have we chintzpired you, yet?
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 70
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, November 5, 2019 at 3 PM EST.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 10/04/2019: Submissions open
- 11/05/2019: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 11/07/2019: Public voting opens
- 11/12/2019: Public voting ends at 3pm EST
- 11/14/2019: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Victorian GreenhouseSee the Challenge
Winners to be announced December 2
Comeback SpeciesSee the Challenge
Voting begins December 2
Palm Springs Mid Century WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close December 7 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins December 9
Trompe loeilSee the Challenge
Submissions close December 14 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins December 16
Adventure Ditsy PrintsSee the Challenge
Submissions close January 4 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 6
Adventure Block PrintsSee the Challenge
Submissions close January 11 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 13