We’re pulling up the red velvet curtain and shining the spotlight on your designs this week! Can you overcome stage fright to create a repeating pattern inspired by the actors, dancers, musicians and entertainers who are stepping onto the center stage and into the spotlight? We can’t wait to see which designs get a standing ovation and grab a spot in the winner’s circle.
December’s design inspiration will test your creativity as we explore a wide range of themes. From four-legged friends to one-of-a-kind tattoos (and everything in between!), there’s bound to be something for every type of artist. Keep reading to find out which themes will pique your interest most (we hope all of them!) during December’s design challenge.
- 1 first place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 25 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 10
Center Stage Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, December 26, 2017 at 3 PM EST.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 25 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 11/03/2017: Submissions open
- 12/26/2017: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 12/28/2017: Public voting opens
- 01/02/2018: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 01/04/2018: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Intergalactic AdventuresVote Now
Winners to be announced April 22
Home on the RangeSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 20 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 22
SeashellsSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 27 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 29
Embroidery TemplateSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 4 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 6
Moody Tropical Flora WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 11 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 13
Charcuterie BoardsSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 18 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 20