Some animals prefer the view from above! Big horn sheep, black bears, mountain lions, buffalo, eagles, the list goes on and on. Create a design inspired by the rocky terrain and diverse mountain climates, and the animals who call this habitat home. Entries will be previewed at the fat quarter size: 21″ x 18.” Submissions close January 31, 2017, at 3 p.m. Eastern. Voting begins February 2, 2017.
We're so excited to announce that we're teaming back up with our friends at Bucketfeet for a whole month of challenges in February! Out of respect and celebration of the rich and diverse cultures of Native American peoples, this month's design challenges will be inspired by "Spirit Animals" (also known as power animals or totems) with 4 sub-themes: desert, mountain, rainforest and aquatic. For every design entered into the February challenges, Spoonflower will be donating $1 dollar to NARF, an organization that works to protect Native rights. Bucketfeet will also be donating $1 per pair of shoes (from the winning designs' footwear lines) sold. Each week's challenge winner will receive $250 from Bucketfeet and $200 from Spoonflower, a licensing contract for a run of footwear, and a pair of shoes featuring their design.
1 grand prize winner each week, chosen from the top 10 by Bucketfeet, will receive $250 from Bucketfeet, and a licensing agreement including royalties in the amount of $1.00 for every pair of shoes sold. The grand-prize winner will receive a pair of shoes with their design from Bucketfeet and a $200 Spoonflower credit. 2nd place (4 total, 1 per theme) winner will receive a $75 credit to Bucketfeet.com, along with a $100 Spoonflower credit. 3rd place (4 total, 1 per theme) will receive a $75 credit to Bucketfeet.com, along with a $50 Spoonflower credit. Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit, and a discount code for 20% off at Bucketfeet.com. The top 25 popular voted designs from each theme (100 total) will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 10
Every Shoe Tells A Story
BucketFeet exists to make the world a brighter place, one step at a time. Every pair of BucketFeet shoes reflects the story of the artist who designed them. Discover the inspiration behind your next pair of shoes.BucketFeet
Bucketfeet Mountain Animals Details
Create a design inspired by the rocky terrain and diverse mountain climates, and the animals who call this habitat home. Bucketfeet is building a collection of mountain animal themed footwear to raise awareness of the Native American Rights Fund (NARF). The winning design will be a featured shoe in this summer’s collection release.
- Bucketfeet will choose one grand-prize winner from the popularly-voted top ten designs.
- Designs must be original work created for this contest. Designs previously published on the Internet are not eligible for this contest.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 dpi in a fat-quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline. Where designs are not clearly related to the Desert theme visually, moderators will use design titles and descriptions to determine adherence to the theme.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 01/13/2017: Submissions open
- 01/31/2017: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 02/02/2017: Public voting opens
- 02/07/2017: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 02/09/2017: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Winners to be announced March 28
NauticalSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 26 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins March 28
PollinatorsSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 2 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 4
April ShowersSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 9 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 11
Australian FloraSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 16 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 18