Clean, modern and free from realistic representation—these are just some words to describe the Abstract Minimalist Design Challenge. Whether you go figurative in your approach or dabble with pure abstraction, one thing is for sure—your use of minimal color, shape, line or form will be your ticket to creating a successful repeating pattern.
Simple geometric forms and clean lines are making their way to the weekly design challenges.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 88
Abstract Minimalist Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 04/05/2019: Submissions open
- 05/14/2019: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 05/16/2019: Public voting opens
- 05/21/2019: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 05/23/2019: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Dog DaysVote Now
Winners to be announced July 25
DinosaursSee the Challenge
Submissions close July 23 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins July 25
Feline FrenzySee the Challenge
Submissions close July 30 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 1
PiratesSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 6 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 8
Color-Blocking ShapesSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 13 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 15
MothsSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 20 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 22