What have YOU noticed is missing from the boys’ section in mainstream department stores? Colors? Themes? Pattern design? Have you ever met a kid who doesn’t like to chase butterflies? Or make rainbows with prisms? Or use their dump truck to give their friendly stuffed animals a ride? Boy Wonder is looking for a design as unique as each little boy out there.
From the women who brought you Princess Awesome comes Boy Wonder, a clothing brand for boys that honors and reflects the full range of colors and themes boys love. Co-founders Eva and Rebecca believe that boys are not only strong and tough, but also sweet and cuddly and WONDER-ful. This is why Boy Wonder is asking the talented Spoonflower designer community to join in their design planning.
Important note about voting: In recognition of the 4th of July holiday, voting in the Boy Wonder Design Challenge will be open for two weeks.
- 1st place winner will receive a $500 cash prize from Boy Wonder, which will also serve as the licensing fee to be featured on a Boy Wonder product. Winner will also receive $200 in Spoonflower credit, along with additional exposure in Spoonflower and Boy Wonder email newsletters, professional photography of their printed designs and products that utilize them, and social media mentions, the extent of which shall be in the Sponsors’ discretion.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit and a $50 Boy Wonder store credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit and a $50 Boy Wonder store credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 61
WONDERful Clothes for Boys
Boy Wonder is a clothing brand for boys that honors and reflects the full range of colors and themes boys love. We believe that boys are not only strong and tough, but also sweet and cuddly and WONDER-ful.Boy Wonder
Boy Wonder Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, June 25, 2019 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 06/07/2019: Submissions open
- 06/25/2019: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 06/27/2019: Public voting opens
- 07/09/2019: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 07/11/2019: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Winners to be announced November 21
Whimsical Wonderland WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 19 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins November 21
Jewel-Tone '70sSee the Challenge
Submissions close December 3 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins December 5
Pop Art CitrusSee the Challenge
Submissions close December 10 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins December 12