From birdwatching to beekeeping to falconry, winged creatures have always captivated us. This week’s theme will have you soaring to new design heights after creating a repeating design inspired by everything from barn owls to bats and butterflies to bees.
Can you believe Spoonflower’s very first design challenge was held almost 8 years ago? The daffodils theme challenged the Spoonflower community for the very first time and holli_zollinger’s daffodils_yellow won the hearts of the community as she took home our very first grand prize. Since then, the weekly prompts have made Thursdays our favorite day of the week (after Saturday, of course!). We can’t wait to see what designs make it into the winners’ circle during our May and June challenges.
If this is your very first challenge, don’t forget to review how to submit an entry before you get started and as always, have fun!
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 25 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 10
Animals by Air Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 25 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 04/19/2018: Submissions open
- 05/22/2018: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 05/24/2018: Public voting opens
- 05/29/2018: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 05/31/2018: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Midsummer FestivalVote Now
Winners to be announced June 4
Canadian WildlifeSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 2 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 4
Quiet SpacesSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 9 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 11
Large BirdsSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 16 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 18