Designs by curiousjoan
I've uploaded a revision that gets rid of the faint gray lines (an artifact of the way Spoonflower's original processing dealt with blank spaces in uploaded files, a problem that happily no longer is an issue). I did a ton of research as well based on Amanda's suggestion below. Because this is based on a specific costume that includes what would be errors compared to the actual flag, including the incorrectly placed stripes as well as an altered proportion to fit a cropped tee on a torso (in this case doll sized torsos) the best I can do is offer to create a separate design for small-scale flags that is closer to the real proportions and stripe arrangement. Please message me (or post a comment) if you'd like to see that.
Hi Amanda, thanks for your detailed feedback! I will check against the costume this is based on, edit, and upload a new version of this and the full scale flag when I get the chance. For the parallelogram issue, I will double-check but I believe that was an error in the printing process, unfortunately.
i LOVE the idea of this.. i used it as panels for a project. except i was disappointed in 3 things. i didn't notice at 1st but the actual flag stripes are not accurate. the small red bands should be either up or down, not the same on both sides. 2nd, i didn't notice that there is a thin dark grey along top edge of the flag, whereas the other 3 sides the white flows into the border. i wish the grey line wasn't there. 3rd, which may not be the design, but the printing.. i got mine on the twill base & since i was using it as panels, it wasn't a rectangle, but a parallelogram. :( when matching it up with a striped fabric, i had to keep the stripes straight & that fabric was off by about 1.25" to align with my parallelogram!! i didn't check this when i 1st got it, but after i pre-washed it. so unless it shrunk in crazy proportion on cold gentle wash/tumble delicate, was printed off, or the actual design is skewed... i don't know. i used the twill base so i could get 4 complete flags in a FQ. also, with just one gentle cycle/delicate tumble some of the ink rubbed off in spots, but that is the fabric/print process, not the design.
I used this fabric to pull together the theme of my TARDIS motor scooter, and had Cheeky Seats make a set cover out of it! It really does look amazing. I will say that in the Kona cotton, it seems a bit heathered (as in, light and "dusty" kind of faded). And for some strange reason, the color will literally flake right off of the fabric. It has not been treated, washed, or mishandled. Little bits of color just randomly roll up and pill off of it, even if you don't touch it. Unfortunately, that makes the piece ridiculously delicate (I only put the cover on the bike when I'm displaying it, anyway). I don't know if I just got a bad printing, or what, but there wasn't time to do anything about it before I debuted this at a convention. (And I do realize that the issues I've had with the fabric are completely out of control of the artist!) But as I've said... it really does make a statement as a suit, and is instantly recognizable as the Tenth Doctor's duds. Even if it's just on the seat of a little scooter.