Faux Suede is a medium-weight, 100% polyester sueded woven fabric, ideal for projects (including upholstery) that require a soft, durable material. This member of our lineup features bright colors with a slight sheen, a stain-resistant finish and is soft to the touch thanks to its napped finish. (Click here for some important sewing tips when using Faux Suede.)
100% polyester woven napped fabric
- 54" wide printable area (137 cm)
- 7.5 oz per square yard
- Thread count: 178 x 89
- Estimated shrinkage: 1-3% in length and 0-2% in width
- Testing is recommended for applications where the printed fabric will be exposed to heavy abrasion (rubbing).
- See details and images on the Faux Suede page
Wash separately in cool or warm water using a gentle machine cycle. Machine dry using a low temperature or permanent press setting and remove promptly to avoid wrinkles. If required, use an iron with a light touch with the printed side down for best results. Use the iron on a synthetic setting only. Higher temperatures may result in color transfer and melting of fabric. We encourage use of an additional stain protector for upholstery applications. Testing is recommended when the printed fabric will be exposed to heavy abrasion (rubbing).
Design Your Own Fabric
- Create a design for Faux Suede using any digital image
- Instant online preview & layout tool lets you see your fabric before you order
- Soft durable fabric starting at $30.60/yard
- Take a peek at some projects made with Faux Suede