This February we will close out the Year of the Rat and begin to celebrate the Year of the Ox. The Chinese New Year, also known as Lunar New Year or the Spring Festival, marks the second new moon after the winter solstice.
Those born under the Chinese zodiac sign of the ox are typically hard-working, intelligent and reliable like their creature counterpart. Let’s honor 2021’s symbol with repeating designs depicting this mighty and docile animal.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 70
Year of the Ox Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 01/08/2021: Submissions open
- 02/02/2021: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 02/04/2021: Public voting opens
- 02/09/2021: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 02/11/2021: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Hand-Drawn FloralsVote Now
Winners to be announced March 4
RococoSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 2 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins March 4
BoardsportsSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 9 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins March 11
CryptozoologySee the Challenge
Submissions close March 16 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins March 18