We’re big fans of florals, but wild and native grasses take the spotlight this week! As we celebrate Earth Month in April, we honor these powerhouse plants as an eco-friendly addition to any garden.
Often overlooked in landscapes of bright blossoms and towering trees, wild grasses can offer texture and color to a scene along with incredible other benefits to an ecosystem. Wild grasses help with erosion control, are inviting to important pollinators while providing protection and create shelter to wildlife. We can't wait to see how you turn this low maintenance and beautiful plant into a repeating pattern this week.
Please visit the blog to learn more about Spoonflower’s Design Challenge rules and moderation process.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 67
Wild Grasses Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 3 PM ET.
- Designs will be previewed in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 03/05/2021: Submissions open
- 04/06/2021: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 04/08/2021: Public voting opens
- 04/13/2021: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 04/15/2021: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Embroidery TemplateSee the Challenge
Winners to be announced May 13
Moody Tropical Flora WallpaperSee the Challenge
Voting begins May 13
Charcuterie BoardsSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 18 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 20
Weather PatternsSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 25 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 27
World WaterwaysSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 1 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 3
Vegetable & Herb GardensSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 15 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 17