We’ve updated the Design Challenges experience! See what’s new
About this design:
The sky’s the limit as you draw inspiration from the natural world to create a design for use in apparel fabric.
Here at Spoonflower and at Peppermint, we’re pretty big fans of Planet Earth and we want to celebrate her in style! So for this challenge we’re asking you to design a tribute to what you love most about the natural world around us. Will you craft a canvas all about coral reefs? An ode to tropic oases? Or a spread showcasing the flora and fauna of your own backyard? Imagine your design featured in a sensational fashion spread in Peppermint Magazine, because for a few lucky winners, that’s exactly where your design will end up!
The 1st place design will be hand-selected from the top 50 by Peppermint. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be printed on fabric and featured in Issue 59 of Peppermint Magazine! Any design entered in the Design Challenge is subject to be included in Peppermint Magazine and in marketing materials at the sole discretion of Peppermint and Spoonflower.
- Entries close . View the full timeline below.
- Designs will be viewed as a Fat Quarter of Fabric on the voting ballot. Acceptable repeat options for this challenge are Basic, Half-Drop, Half-Brick, Mirror.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- The popular vote determines the top 58 winning designs. Voters include Spoonflower artists and customers as well as the public.
- The top 58 designs receive prizes or benefits. View the full prize list below.
- View the full Terms & Conditions for this challenge.
Our partner: Peppermint Magazine
Peppermint is an Australian magazine focused on style, sustainability, sewing and substance. Covering ethical fashion, slow living, DIY, climate action, community and more – Peppermint's mission is to tell the stories of people doing good in the world.