This week’s Tropical Surrealism Wallpaper Design Challenge takes a dip into the subconscious mind where paradise meets surreal landscapes bound only by your imagination. With a focus on lush plants, colorful flowers, or animals found in tropical climates, designers should incorporate an element of surprise where dream-like possibilities are the norm and constraints of reality are banished.
While you conceptualize your masterpiece, think of what kind of room your wallpaper design could be used for it—maybe a child’s bedroom, a posh cocktail bar, or even a maximalist lover’s living room.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 80
Tropical Surrealism Wallpaper Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed as Spoonflower wallpaper on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 06/05/2020: Submissions open
- 07/21/2020: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 07/23/2020: Public voting opens
- 07/28/2020: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 07/30/2020: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Small-Scale Tools of the TradeVote Now
Winners to be announced August 13
MushroomsSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 11 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 13
Climbing Vines WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 18 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 20
Gothic HalloweenSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 25 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 27
Cut-and-Sew Fat Quarter GiftablesSee the Challenge
Submissions close September 1 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins September 3
Maximalist HolidaySee the Challenge
Submissions close September 8 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins September 10