Did you know that the very first letter was sent in 1633? Since then, good old-fashioned snail mail has become our most beloved way to show we’re thinking about someone. So slow down and take your time creating something as special as a handwritten letter in our Snail Mail challenge!
In celebration of Letter Writing Day on December 7 in the US, we’re challenging you to conjure up motifs featuring your finest stationery, pens, stamps, and other postal accoutrement to create a surface design that really delivers!
Please note, the use of mail service logos is not permitted.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 73
Snail Mail Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, November 3, 2020 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 10/02/2020: Submissions open
- 11/03/2020: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 11/05/2020: Public voting opens
- 11/10/2020: Public voting ends at 3pm EST
- 11/12/2020: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Comeback SpeciesVote Now
Winners to be announced December 9
Palm Springs Mid Century WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close December 7 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins December 9
Trompe loeilSee the Challenge
Submissions close December 14 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins December 16
Adventure Ditsy PrintsSee the Challenge
Submissions close January 4 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 6
Adventure Block PrintsSee the Challenge
Submissions close January 11 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 13
Lilla Rogers Vintage Canned GoodsSee the Challenge
Submissions close January 18 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins January 20