Inspired by the modern popularity of costume dramas and period pieces, for this challenge we encourage you to draw from the decorative arts and fashion of the Rococo style.
Prevalent in 18th century Europe, Rococo is characterized by soft colors, elegant asymmetry, and romantic motifs. The word “rococo” derives from the french term “rocaille”, referring to the use of shell and rock to decorate royal garden grottoes and fountains, a nod to overarching themes of naturalism, amusement and frivolous delight we hope to see in your entry this week.
Please visit the blog to learn more about Spoonflower’s Design Challenge rules and moderation process.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 73
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 3 PM ET.
- Designs will be previewed in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 02/05/2021: Submissions open
- 03/02/2021: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 03/04/2021: Public voting opens
- 03/09/2021: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 03/11/2021: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Embroidery TemplateVote Now
Winners to be announced May 13
Moody Tropical Flora WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 11 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 13
Charcuterie BoardsSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 18 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 20
Weather PatternsSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 25 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 27
World WaterwaysSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 1 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 3
Vegetable & Herb GardensSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 15 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 17