Inspired by vacation memories with a vintage flair, now’s the time to experiment with texture, showcase your typography skills or celebrate your most exciting travels. Whether your globetrotting takes you by boat, train, airplane or even car, remember that your design entry must be a repeating pattern.
Calling all worldly explorers and adventure seekers! This week’s Retro Postcard Design Challenge is sure to get your creative wheels spinning.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit.
- The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 58
Retro Postcards Details
- The deadline for entries is June 4, 2019 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 05/03/2019: Submissions open
- 06/04/2019: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 06/06/2019: Public voting opens
- 06/11/2019: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 06/13/2019: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Folk Art Tea TowelVote Now
Winners to be announced October 17
Zodiac Tea TowelSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 15 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 17
Hometown Tea TowelSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 22 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 24
Gingerbread HousesSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 29 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 31
ChintzSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 5 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins November 7
KaleidoscopeSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 12 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins November 14