Where would we “bee” without pollinators? In this week’s design, create a repeating pattern inspired by the insects (and some vertebrates) who help diversify our plant life.
From hummingbirds to bats, these invaluable creatures help keep our ecosystem thriving. Enjoy nuts, fruits and vegetables? You may be surprised to discover that we owe approximately three-quarters of our major food crops to these industrious beings.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 91
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, April 2, 2019 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 03/01/2019: Submissions open
- 04/02/2019: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 04/04/2019: Public voting opens
- 04/09/2019: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 04/11/2019: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Australian FloraSee the Challenge
Winners to be announced April 25
PlaymatsSee the Challenge
Voting begins April 25
Small-Scale SummerSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 30 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 2
ShiboriSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 7 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 9
Abstract MinimalistSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 14 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 16
FitnessSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 21 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 23