Ahoy, landlubbers! From black flags and bright parrots to treasure maps and doubloon-filled chests, we want to see your best swashbuckling design.
Whether you create a cute take on seadogs for a kid-themed party or try to “shiver me timbers” with sharks, swords or shipwrecks, we can’t wait to see what you’ll unearth. Maybe you’ll even discover a historical female pirate or two. Heave ho!
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 54
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, August 6, 2019 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- See our blog page for even more Design Challenge details and a list of previous themes.
- 07/05/2019: Submissions open
- 08/06/2019: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 08/08/2019: Public voting opens
- 08/13/2019: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 08/15/2019: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Winter FloraVote Now
Winners to be announced September 26
2020 Tea Towel CalendarSee the Challenge
Submissions close September 24 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins September 26
Hand-Lettered Tea TowelSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 1 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 3
Folk Art Tea TowelSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 8 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 10
Zodiac Tea TowelSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 15 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 17
Hometown Tea TowelSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 22 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 24