Using just the shades Pine (#436464), Mint (#cbe4e4) and optional black and white, create a repeating pattern inspired by a theme you’d want to see as an accent pillow in your home.
For the home decor shopper, finding coordinating throw pillows can feel like a daunting task. Will this shade of blue match this shade green? This week we’re challenging you to help them find a solution in our Pine and Mint Throw Pillow challenge. By the end of this week the Spoonflower community will be able to easily mix-and-match the winning designs to create the elevated pillow collection they’ve been searching for. Designer tip: While black and white are optional in this challenge, we recommend using these colors as accents to highlight the pine and mint used in your design.
Limited Color PalettePine (#436464), Mint (#cbe4e4), White (#ffffff), Black (#000000) Click here to preview the full color palette.
Both colors in the palette above must be included in your design. Black and white are optional. Color variations and colors outside of this palette will not be accepted. To prevent colors from shifting when uploading to Spoonflower, designs must be in the sRGB color space. Please do not create your design in CMYK.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 90
Pine and Mint Throw Pillows Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, March 3, 2020 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed as an 18" knife-edge throw pillow on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 02/07/2020: Submissions open
- 03/03/2020: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 03/05/2020: Public voting opens
- 03/10/2020: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 03/12/2020: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Midsummer FestivalSee the Challenge
Winners to be announced June 4
Canadian WildlifeSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 2 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 4
Quiet SpacesSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 9 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 11
Large BirdsSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 16 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 18