Over the river and through the woods to Grandmother’s house we go! Classic patterns like this week’s theme, patchwork, are getting a modern-day makeover thanks to the Granny-chic trend. While you won’t be required to piece together fabric squares for your entry this week, we are challenging you to take a contemporary approach to patchwork.
Whether it’s a faux patchwork design perfect for a handmade dress, the inspiration for a cheater quilt or an eye-catching design featuring varying blocks of pattern, we can’t wait to see how you piece this challenge together.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 66
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 01/08/2021: Submissions open
- 02/09/2021: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 02/11/2021: Public voting opens
- 02/16/2021: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 02/18/2021: Spoonflower will announce the winner
TalismansSee the Challenge
Winners to be announced February 25
Hand-Drawn FloralsSee the Challenge
Voting begins February 25
RococoSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 2 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins March 4
BoardsportsSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 9 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins March 11
CryptozoologySee the Challenge
Submissions close March 16 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins March 18