It’s time to order an espresso macchiato and pistachio macaron, and settle into a booth at your favorite pastel café. Your design should evoke the aesthetics and atmosphere of a typical Italian or French cafe one might find in the 1950s and ‘60s.
This aesthetic is known for its pastel palettes and distinct architectural details like formica furniture and light-filled arched windows to soft-colored banquettes and tiles. Challenge yourself to think beyond just croissants and demitasse cups for this one.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 75
Pastel Café Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 03/06/2020: Submissions open
- 04/21/2020: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 04/23/2020: Public voting opens
- 04/28/2020: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 04/30/2020: Spoonflower will announce the winner