Think “the more the merrier” but take it to the max! The trends have spoken and this holiday season, more is more when it comes to seasonal decor, so don’t hold back—the more baubles the better! From Christmas to Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, solstice themes and beyond, deck out your holiday design in richly embellished excess fit for a true maximalist celebration.
While conceptualizing your work, be sure to keep the final end-use in mind from dining products, furoshiki gift wrap, velvet pillows, and more to create an aesthetic of excess.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 67
Maximalist Holiday Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 08/07/2020: Submissions open
- 09/08/2020: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 09/10/2020: Public voting opens
- 09/15/2020: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT
- 09/17/2020: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Modern Motivational Posters Wall HangingsVote Now
Winners to be announced October 21
Indoor Garden Wall HangingsSee the Challenge
Submissions close October 19 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 21
Petal Solids Coordinates: CozySee the Challenge
Submissions close October 26 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins October 28
Quirky AmphibiansSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 2 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins November 4
Kitsch ValentineSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 9 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins November 11
Victorian GreenhouseSee the Challenge
Submissions close November 16 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins November 18