Whether it’s a ditzy floral print, boho designs fit for home decor (to match the shag carpet at home!) or just the right pattern for a children’s prairie dress, be sure to stick with colors like sapphire blue, ruby red, amethyst purple, citrine yellow, and emerald green for an elevated jewel-toned design.
This week’s challenge is extra groovy! Hop into your muscle car because we’re taking a trip to the 1970s and challenging you to design a repeating pattern that embodies the free spirit of this decade.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 86
Jewel-Tone '70s Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 3 PM EST.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 11/01/2019: Submissions open
- 12/03/2019: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 12/05/2019: Public voting opens
- 12/10/2019: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 12/12/2019: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Winners to be announced March 11
BoardsportsSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 9 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins March 11
CryptozoologySee the Challenge
Submissions close March 16 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins March 18
From My WindowSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 23 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins March 25
Spoonflower Break Room WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 30 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 1
Wild GrassesSee the Challenge
Submissions close April 6 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins April 8