Celebrate the flora and fauna that arrives when warmer weather is around with designs that illustrate the natural beauty of the season. Put away your photographs and realism for this challenge, we want you to brush off your illustration skills to add your own style to the buds, blossoms and baby animals that come to life each spring.
With this week’s challenge comes a twist! Every week, Spoonflower employees watch from the sidelines as you, our creative community, participate in the weekly design challenges. For one week out of the year, the roles are reversed and employees step off the sidelines and onto the design field to create a design for the annual employee design challenge. This year, employees will participate alongside the Spoonflower designer community in the Illustrated Spring Flora and Fauna Design Challenge–but don’t worry–there’s no home team advantage here.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 81
Illustrated Spring Flora and Fauna Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 01/03/2020: Submissions open
- 02/04/2020: Submissions close at 3pm EST
- 02/06/2020: Public voting opens
- 02/11/2020: Public voting ends at 3pm EST to determine top 25 entries
- 02/13/2020: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Roller Rink NostalgiaVote Now
Winners to be announced February 27
Micro Modern QuiltSee the Challenge
Submissions close February 25 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins February 27
Pine and Mint Throw PillowsSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 3 at 3 p.m. EST,
Voting begins March 5
Faux-Textured WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 10 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins March 12
Nugget CouchSee the Challenge
Submissions close March 17 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins March 19