Chocolate covered faces and sticky fingers come to mind when thinking about warm summer visits to the neighborhood ice cream truck. A joyful sign of the season, they make their rounds serving the sweetest of treats to kids of all ages. In this week’s challenge, we are looking for designs inspired by the nostalgic melodies, frozen novelties, and sprints down the street to the Ice Cream Truck!
Here’s the scoop: Challenge results will be revealed just in time for National Ice Cream Day celebrations in July, so whip together a colorfully cute repeating pattern being careful to avoid logos and brands in your designs. We can’t wait to see what you churn up!
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 61
Ice Cream Truck Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at 3 PM EDT.
- Designs will be previewed at 150 DPI in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 06/05/2020: Submissions open
- 06/23/2020: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 06/25/2020: Public voting opens
- 06/30/2020: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 07/02/2020: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Small-Scale Tools of the TradeVote Now
Winners to be announced August 13
MushroomsSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 11 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 13
Climbing Vines WallpaperSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 18 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 20
Gothic HalloweenSee the Challenge
Submissions close August 25 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins August 27
Cut-and-Sew Fat Quarter GiftablesSee the Challenge
Submissions close September 1 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins September 3
Maximalist HolidaySee the Challenge
Submissions close September 8 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins September 10