Yeehaw! We’re roping up the Old West and bringing it into modern times. Contemporary fashion designers, artists and musicians have been incorporating elements from cowpoke culture into their work while refreshing the classic image of the American West.
Saddle up and hit the trail with the diverse history of cowboys and cowgirls. Hats and spurs, bandanas and saddle blankets, vaqueros and saguaros, there are countless icons to draw inspiration from.
Please visit the blog to learn more about Spoonflower’s Design Challenge rules and moderation process.
- 1st place winner will receive a $200 Spoonflower credit.
- 2nd place winner will receive a $100 Spoonflower credit.
- 3rd place winner will receive a $50 Spoonflower credit.
- Remaining top 10 designs will receive a $20 Spoonflower credit. The top 50 popularly-voted designs from each theme will be automatically made available for sale in the Spoonflower Marketplace (provided they are a verified seller) where they will receive 10% commission on every sale -- no $5 swatch required.
The rest of the Top 68
Home on the Range Details
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 3 PM ET.
- Designs will be previewed in a fat quarter size (21” x 18”) on the voting ballot.
- All designs will be eligible for public voting, and the popular vote determines the top 50 winning designs.
- Public designs previously uploaded on Spoonflower.com are not eligible for this contest. Designs do not require printed proofing to enter the contest.
- Moderation will take place at the close of the contest deadline.
- 03/05/2021: Submissions open
- 04/20/2021: Submissions close at 3pm EDT
- 04/22/2021: Public voting opens
- 04/27/2021: Public voting ends at 3pm EDT to determine top 25 entries
- 04/29/2021: Spoonflower will announce the winner
Embroidery TemplateSee the Challenge
Winners to be announced May 13
Moody Tropical Flora WallpaperSee the Challenge
Voting begins May 13
Charcuterie BoardsSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 18 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 20
Weather PatternsSee the Challenge
Submissions close May 25 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins May 27
World WaterwaysSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 1 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 3
Vegetable & Herb GardensSee the Challenge
Submissions close June 15 at 3 p.m. EDT,
Voting begins June 17